I don't have the perfect life. This year, I have been practicing gratitude for everything: the heartaches, the set backs, the good, the thrills, the disappointments, and the ugly.
Around Thanksgiving, many people say they are grateful for their families, friends, having a job, etc. I am always eternally grateful for my friends and family without whom I would most certainly be lost. However, this year, I am most grateful for all the little things in my life. Below is a very small sampling of the small things that I am always grateful for:
- the daily kitty welcome committee/snuggle crew
- the daily comments from The Hubby that he loves me, thinks that I am beautiful, sexy, intelligent, etc
- the sunrise over a beautiful Kentucky landscape on my way to work
- the sunset view that I have from my house
- the surprise emails from my grandparents about how they love me and are proud of me
- the banter and time I spend with my mom
- the health of my body, mind and soul
- my senses: being able to see, touch, hear, taste, and smell my surroundings
- for the compassion that is shown to me by others (who I don't forget to thank, even if they are strangers--one person even cried after I thanked them!)
- for authors that write the books I read
- for the directors/writers that produce/write the movies and TV shows I watch
- a warm, soft, safe place to lay my head at night (or for nap time in the middle of the day)
- for all the people both near and far that make my life easier, better, safer, etc
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm taking a short break, but I'll be back next Monday!
PS--I am thankful for you too, my dear reader! Did you really think that I would forget you?